Arlington Mill Community Center
The Arlington Mill Community Center is the result of a long-term collaboration with the community to bring together on a single site a mixed-used facility and affordable housing.
- Four floors of program space, totaling 42,250 square feet.
- 12,000 square feet reserved for future programs on third and fourth floors.
- A full-size gymnasium and fitness room.
- Four multi-purpose rooms for community events and five shared classrooms.
- An outdoor public plaza to accommodate festivals and community events.
- Retail space with adjacent soft seating area.
- A 156-space underground parking garage.
- Pedestrian connections to adjacent park, multi-purpose trails and Four Mile Run waterway.
Community Center Base Program – Something for Everyone!
Arlington Mill provides diverse multicultural and multigenerational programs and services in a town center atmosphere at the west end of Columbia Pike. You’ll find family education, bilingual programs and services, job skills training and job placement assistance. Families, youths and teens can come together to enjoy sports, fitness, a game room, arts classes and camps. The outdoor plaza has seating and can be used for special events and festivals.
Learn more about upcoming activities at Arlington Mill Community Center.
Arlington Mill Residences
Located on the north portion of the site and adjacent to the community center, the Arlington Mill Residences are a 4-story, family-friendly building featuring a community room and underground parking. Learn more about Arlington Mill Residences.
Compliance with Form Based Code (FBC) Details
- Two (2) buildings: a mixed-use building with community center uses (classified as a “Main Street” building following the FBC) and a residential building (classified as an “Avenue” building following the FBC).
- The mixed-use community center building located along Columbia Pike and Dinwiddie Street Required Building Lines (RBLs) for at least 75% of frontage; 5-story building; houses community center uses (DPR and DHS programs) including gymnasium and ground-floor retail.
- The residential building located along Dinwiddie Street RBL for at least 10% of frontage; 4-story building; housing 122 apartments and amenity spaces.